Azure Data Engineer
Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamSimtech Netherlands
We are a growing Dutch IT cloud consultancy and managed services provider based in Amsterdam looking for an experienced Data Engineer with Azure expertise. We help enterprise customers leverage cloud capabilities and managed services to innovate, accelerate business value delivery, and reduce cost.
Are we looking for you?
As an Azure Data Engineer at Simtech you will be working on data engineering projects within a growing practice. You can expect high-end customer projects that will challenge you and stimulate to further develop yourself as a professional. You think along, offer advice, and are committed to run a smooth operation. Our ideal candidate is someone with a strong interest in data engineering and cloud that is ready to join a great team.
We encourage autonomy and independent thinking; we trust you to get the job done. You can always rely on your colleagues for assistance and advice and we place a big focus on training to increase our team’s expertise. In return, we expect you to take ownership of your assignments, communicate clearly, and maintain a proactive attitude towards your tasks.
Our team works flexibly, without strict hierarchies. We see the potential in people and we train and hire T-shaped professionals that complement each other’s skill sets. We not only hire you for your experience, but also for your mindset and ideas. Your ideas will be heard and you will be given the chance to implement your best ones.
You will be involved in customer-facing assignments, therefore it is important that you are able to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and verbally. Last but not least, you have a clear and sharp mind, good analytical skills, and an eye for continuous improvement and automation opportunities.
We expect you to have the following qualifications:
- You have at minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in IT or a related field
- You are data savvy and have experience in data engineering
- Experience in building, implementing and maintaining scalable data pipelines
- Microsoft Azure Certified or in the process to become certified
- You are proficient in Python
- You are proficient with Hadoop
- You have experience with Databricks/Spark
- Advanced knowledge and experience in SQL and relational as well as non-relational databases
- You are comfortable in gathering requirements from various stakeholders
- You are proficient in technical data modeling
- Experience with agile and scrum driven teams
- You have experience working in a DevOps team and with business stakeholders
- Personal must-haves: analytic mind, sense of quality, flexible thinking and good communication skills. You are a self-driven team player with an entrepreneurial touch and a passion for good software engineering and automation
Our kind of people
You’ll be working in an international team consisting of system, application and platform engineers. We support autonomy and work in a flat organization way; You facilitate your colleagues and challenge the way they always have been working.
- Go-getters with the drive to continuously improve
- Professionals inspired by sharing knowledge and helping customers and colleagues succeed
- Smart, self-starters who go both deep and wide in a range of interests
- Good communicators— verbally and written (eg, presentations and blogs)
- Team players who love collaboration – you know your role and relevance to projects.
- Leaders who dare to make tough choices when necessary
What Simtech offers
- Challenging customers
- High-end projects
- Unlimited study options and a training plan
- Flexible working locations
- Good salary with bonus scheme
- Internal projects & social activities
- Public transport and mobility allowance scheme
- Laptop, telephone
- Room for experimentation to start your initiatives
- Never a dull moment at Simtech
- Sponsorships are an option
About Simtech Cloud Consulting
At Simtech, you will join a company of self-starters and supportive collaborators. Everyone strives to help each other achieve success – personally, for the customer, and the company. Our team of consultants is a mix of young talent and those with 20+ years of experience in IT. We share a “can do” mentality combined with a “failure is not an option” standard. We make sure you have everything you need to perform at your best and encourage continuous learning.