IT Operations - Tech Lead
Romania, București, BucharestSimtech Romania
Are you that driven and talented infra & cloud specialist, and are you ready for your next challenge? We are a European IT cloud consultancy and managed services provider based in Amsterdam, looking for a Tech Lead with Oracle experience for our office in Bucharest. We service our enterprise customers with large scale infrastructure and cloud solutions. Think: Systems, Infra, Ansible, Openshift, Oracle, RedHat, AWS, Azure, Monitoring
Are we looking for you?
We are seeking a Tech Lead that is driven by providing the best possible service to our clients. As tech within our team you will work with large scaled Oracle database and Linux environments, often hosted on hyperconverged systems. You will also work and be trained for container (K8's and openshift) and cloud technologies (AWS/Azure) You will be the lead of our international technical operations team and work directly with project management, sales and our management.
Our team works flexibly, without strict hierarchies. We see the potential in people and we train and hire T-shaped professionals that complement each other’s skill sets.
You will be involved in customer-facing assignments, therefore it is important that you are able to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and verbally.
What your expertise is
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably Computer Science or a related technical field)
- Thorough understanding of Oracle technologies (e.g., databases, middleware, engineered systems)
- Strong Linux and networking expertise : RHCE or above
- At least 7 years of relevant technical work experience
- At least 5 years of relevant experience working as a technical lead, preferably within IT operations
- Ability to work with various customers/departments to design, deploy and support solutions according to user requirements and IT best practices and standards
- Engage and manage distributed team members, provide hands on management, mentoring and coaching
- Experience with automating workflows, monitoring and alerting
- Hardware: Experience with storage, compute, and network components
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Scripting skills (Bash, Python, etc.)
- Troubleshooting skills of system, network, and application related issues
- Proven understanding of the core principles of IT service management, ISO 27001 and DevOps
It is a plus if you
- Have production experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure)
- Have experience working with and setting up CI/CD pipelines
- Have strong business acumen and is able to present and build technology solutions taking into consideration the existing business processes and the need to transform them
- Have (or want to build) experience in a small-midsized fast-developing organization
Who you are
- You are a born technician
- You have good knowledge about the different infrastructure technologies today and how to apply them most effectively
- You are aware of best practices of our key partners (Redhat, Oracle, AWS, Azure etc)
- You are keen to develop your skills further and share your expertise with peers
- You are fluent in English and a good communicator, verbally and written
- You are or have been an accomplished engineer in your past career and as a non-manager have to experience technically mentoring junior engineers
- You are a punctual and hands-on engineer
- You enjoy working as part of a multidisciplinary and international team for a company with offices in The Netherlands, Switzerland and Romania
- You are fluent in English and able to communicate abstract concepts to both technical and non-technical individuals
- You enjoy showing initiative in starting projects and taking ownership
What we offer
- A job that looks good on your CV with a wide variety of experience
- Multi cultural and multi disciplinary colleagues
- Working for different clients in different projects
- Being part of the adventures of a highly dynamic and rapidly growing company
- An office close to the AFI Cotroceni mall and within 1 minute walking distance of the Politehnica Metro station
- Summer BBQ's and (virtual) company events to connect with the people behind the colleagues
To boost your career we encourage taking ownership of new responsibilities. Mentored by one of the senior team members that will offer their insights and professional guidance, your skill-enhancing plans will be supported and encouraged. Together we will actively work on you career and personal development. Whether you are looking for a Team Lead position or other career opportunities.
About Simtech Cloud Consulting
At Simtech, you will join a company of self-starters and supportive collaborators. Everyone strives to help each other achieve success – personally, for the customer, and the company. Our team of consultants is a mix of young talent and those with 20+ years of experience in IT. We share a “can do” mentality combined with a “failure is not an option” standard. We make sure you have everything you need to perform at your best and encourage continuous learning. We are an Oracle Gold Partner, Red Hat Advanced Partner, and AWS Select Business Partner of the Year 2019.