Site Reliability Engineer
Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamSimtech Netherlands
What you'll do
Simtech is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer!
Are you that driven and talented Site Reliability Engineer and are you ready for your next challenge? We are a European IT cloud consultancy and managed services provider based in Amsterdam, looking for a Site Reliability Engineer. We service our enterprise customers with large scale infrastructure and cloud solutions. Think: Systems, Infra, Ansible, Openshift, Oracle, RedHat, AWS, Azure, Monitoring.
We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer who wants to join the Core Infrastructure department of our client, and is driven by providing the best possible experience to our clients. You will design, build and operate all the technology that their product development teams need in order to deliver great products to their customers.
By joining our team, you are part of Simtech Consulting, you'll be working for one of our many clients. The team works flexibly, without strict hierarchies. We see the potential in people and we train and hire T-shaped professionals that complement each other’s skill sets.
You will be involved in customer-facing assignments, therefore it is important that you are able to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and verbally.
What you're good at
- Solid experience in at least one programming language. We use Java, Python, Go, Ruby, Perl
- Experience with building, operating and maintaining scalable distributed systems, and with operations automation
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code technologies
- Knowledge of cloud computing fundamentals
- Solid foundation in Linux administration and troubleshooting
- Understanding of service level agreements and objectives
- Additional experience in OpenStack, Kubernetes, Networking, Security or Storage is desirable
- Monitoring / observability technologies like Prometheus, Graphite, Grafana, Kibana, Elasticsearch are a plus
What you'll bring
- You are available 40 hours per week and dynamic when required
You are an advocate of engineering best practices
- You have good knowledge about the different infrastructure technologies today and how to apply them most effectively
- You take ownership of one or more services and have the freedom to do what is best for our business and customers
- You are aware of best practices of our key partners (Redhat, Oracle, AWS, Azure etc)
- You are keen to develop your skills further and share your expertise with peers
- You are fluent in English and a good communicator, verbally and written
- You are a punctual and hands-on engineer
- You enjoy working as part of a multidisciplinary and international team for a company with offices in The Netherlands, Switzerland and Romania
- You are fluent in English and able to communicate abstract concepts to both technical and non-technical individuals
- You enjoy showing initiative in starting projects and taking ownership
What you'll get
Besides demanding all types of requirements, we also have a lot to offer:
- Input on the development of your role and responsibilities
- Lots of room to develop yourself
- A powerful laptop and smartphone are included
- Approachable management that is engaged with you as a person
- Remote working flexibility and compensation
- Working hours can be partially flexible
- A small, highly engaged team of staff
- Multicultural and multi-disciplinary colleagues
- Being part of the adventures of a highly dynamic and rapidly growing company
- Summer BBQ's and (virtual) company events to connect with the people behind the colleagues
Where you'll work
At Simtech, you will join a company of self-starters and supportive collaborators. Everyone strives to help each other achieve success – personally, for the customer, and the company. Our team of consultants is a mix of young talent and those with 20+ years of experience in IT. We share a “can do” mentality, and we make sure you have everything you need to perform at your best. We encourage and empower your self-development by learning continuously. We are an Oracle Gold Partner, Red Hat Advanced Partner, and AWS Select Business Partner of the Year 2019.